Recommendations from good friends are seen as a very reliable source and therefore are very effective. The obstacle to subscribe to a newsletter or to take part in prize games decreases, when a trustworthy source – such as a friend – recommends it to you. We at WhatsBroadcast want you to make the most out of this and developed a new feature for you to take advantage of. You can now reach more subscribers with our new feature invite-a-friend.
With an amount of 750.000 subscribers, the Holidy Pirates are one step ahead in the messenger business: they have tested and now use our new feature invite-a-friend in the course of a prize game to make their messenger newsletter even more well known. Participants of the prize game are getting encouraged to invite their friends to the prize game – and therefore becoming subscribers of the holiday pirate’s newsletter – aswell. In consequence, these subscribers who recommend friends are more likely to win the prize game and as a result, the Holiday Pirates gain more subscribers for their newsletter – they record an estimated 10.000 to 20.000 new additions in subscribers a week! The trick to it: users are motivated to invite as many friends as possible, because the more of your friends subscribe to the Holiday Pirate’s newsletter – animated by your recommendations – the more likely you will win the prize game.
The following example, a prize game with our new invite-a-friend feature, will show you how you can easily win more subscribers too!
This is how your users will experience the new invite-a-friend feature:
- call on your subscribers with a newsletter to attend your new prize game, in which they easily can take part by sending a message in return naming the key word. In the Holiday Pirate’s case, subscribers just had to answer the newsletter naming the prize game, replying with the key word “lights” to take part.
- In the following, your subscribers will receive messages from you. In your first message you can indicate that the participation in your prize game will be successfull when they motivate a friend to subscribe to your newsletter service. In the next step, offer your subscriber a second, pre-written message for routing to their friend, containing a link to your newsletter subscription.
- The chosen friend only needs to follow the link in the routed message and is sent to a chat.
- In this chat, the subscriber’s friend is told how to enlist in your newsletter and can therefore take part in your prize game aswell.
Activate your invite-a-friend feature in 5 easy steps:
1.Visit your customer interface at WhatsBrodacast and select from the side bar root category “Bots“, where you choose subcategory “Chatbot Builder” (cf. fig. 2).
Now choose root category “Variables” from the side bar and set a new variable by pressing “+ Variable“. Name this new variable suitably for your campaign, e.g. “prize game”. Now choose for your variable a “Type“, set “Enumeration” here. For category “Values” you can choose a key word suitable for your prize game. While the Holiday Pirates chose the key word “lights”, you can use any key word that fits your own prize game, e.g. “win”. Your users will have to write a message containing this key word to take part in your prize game.
2. By switching to root category “Dialogue” you can now define a “New User Question”, name it after the variable you set before, in this example $prize game$. In the other text box “New Bot Answer” you can define a first message your user will receive by the chat bot as a reply to his participation in the prize game. Your message explaining the advantages of recommending your newsletter service to friends can now be sent to your user automatically as soon as your subscriber uses the keyword chosen by you.
3. For your next step, klick on the green arrow next to the text box “Bot Answer“, the extended view for your chatbot answers. By klicking on “+ Bot Answer” you can add a second message, which will be sent to your user in the following of your first message. In this message you should prepare a text that holds a pre-written recommendation for your newsletter which can be forwarded by your user to his friend. Make sure this text contains the WhatsApp-API Link for sharing: api.whatsapp.com/send?l=en&text=__sharingtext. Your user will receive this message automatically, naming the advantages of recommending your newsletter. Explain how sharing your newsletter services with friends improves the chances of winning the prize! You can also point out that the increasing number of one’s recommendations to friends aligns with increasing chances to win. In the following he will be provided by you with a pre-written recomendation he can route forward to his friend, make sure that this messages describes clearly how to enlist to your service.
4. Klick on root category “Dialogue” – don’t forget to save your progress! – and set a new topic named “__sharingtext” (mind the double underscore!). Prepare a text explaining how to subscribe to your newsletter services and how to participate in your prize game. This text will be sent to the friend receiving your user’s recommendation.
4. At last, send a newsletter informing about the prize game to your subscribers to start your invite-a-friend campaign. Take care this newsletter explains clearly how to take part in your price game and names the necessary key word you set for your user to take part in the prize game.
Tipp: In root category “Analyze” you can watch which of your users shares the link to his friends – you can even see how many times he does. In the main menue of your customer interface’s sidebar choose root category “Statistics” and in the following drop down menue choose sub category “Klick Tracking“.
Of course this is just an example, you can use our new invite-a-friend feature for any campaign you want!
We’re at the beginning of a new and adventurous journey!
You want more information in general, know-how from our experts and outstanding use cases? Subscribe to your WhatsBroadcast newsletter service via e-mail or messenger: